100% Written Examination. Throughout the curriculum pupils will carry out ‘Required Practicals’ these are part of the assessment criteria. The exams at the end of the Year 11 will consist of questions referring to the required practical’s, assessing pupils knowledge, understanding and skills on Scientific Investigations.
What We Study
• Cell biology
• Infection and response
• Homeostasis and response
• Inheritance, variation and evolution
• Magnetism and electromagnetism
• Particle model of matter
• Atomic structure
- Atomic structure and the periodic table
- Bonding, structure, and the properties of matter
- Quantitative chemistry
- Chemical changes
- Energy changes
- The rate and extent of chemical change
- Organic chemistry
- Chemical analysis
- Chemistry of the atmosphere
- Using resources
There are six exam papers at the end of Year 11, each lasts 1 hour 15 minutes.
This qualification is a double GCSE and will be graded on a 17 point scale from 1-1 to 9-9, with 9-9 being the best grade.
Course Leader: Mrs Pervaze (firstname.lastname@example.org)