We are looking to appoint a talented, dynamic and inspirational technician to support our thriving Art and Product Design Departments. The postholder will be a key member of the team, providing general support to staff and students to ensure the smooth operation of the department, including the preparation and cleaning of materials and resources and providing practical support in the classroom to teachers and students. The postholder must be willing to learn how to operate specialist equipment in the Department.
The overall aims of this role are to:
- Provide support of teaching and learning within the department by the management of resources.
- Positively support the implementation of the school aims and policies through the work of the department
- Ensure that the working environment is safe for staff and pupils to use
- Be responsible for the acquisition, organisation, dissemination and exploitation of resources to support teaching and learning
- Help the department run as smoothly as possible on a day to day basis
To be successful, the postholder will ideally:
- Be educated to GCSE level
- Have an interest in and preferably experience of Art and Product Design
- Have knowledge of Art and Design materials and equipment
Closing date: Monday 25th February 2019
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure. We welcome applicants regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Headteacher: Ms V Masson
Hornchurch High School is part of the Partnership Learning Trust